Friday, May 21, 2010

Essay Writing

Throughout 9th grade Honors English, I've received a huge amount of of tips, instructions and guidance that I think have greatly improved my writing as well as enhanced my knowledge of essay's and how they're built. I do understand the purpose of literary analysis, and how discussing and sharing interpretations can help to build a clearer understanding of the general plot and small nuances of a piece of writing.

One of the main challenges I have with essay writing is to come up with original ideas or interpretations of the text we're writing about. To write an essay, well supported, with clear distinctions of every part, and to also connect each piece of commentary to a specific line, while bringing up totally original ideas, has me struggling. However I think that that skill might be easier for me as I become more confident and sure of what is reasonable in a essay, often I work hard on making sure I get everything all polished and nice and end up turning in a perfectly ordered essay that's really boring. Sometime along the way I hope I can start writing essays that are just as orderly and polished, but with interesting concepts and thoughts that someone would actually want to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment