Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Last Blog

One huge aspect I noticed throughout all my writing is that everything I read seemed to instantly bore me. There was something annoying in reading my words over and over and over again. Other than that I'd have to admit there are certain characteristics of my writing such as my over-adjectivednever ending sentencesare extremely apparent.Also, I've noticed that I use silly catchy phrases like "such as" and "before I knew it" that I guess I can't resist. Not only that, but I also seem to add and build in my witting, something that tires me when I read it now, but something I guess I never noticed when I was writing that way. My paragraphs are often flooded with "also"'s and "as well as"'s that by the time I read ALL my passed blogs i was getting REALLY tired of myself. Noticing things in MY writing that actually bothers Me, makes me think that I must have learned a lot this year and really grown as a writer. Or at least I hope so.

One other thing I noticed, that didn't really surprise me, was that I was most interested an attentive to the writing I actually enjoyed writing. When I read a poem I wrote for Animal Farm, I was truly interested. It's been so long that each phrase surprised me, but also pleased me. If I read something I liked, I'd think "wow that's good" then think "jeez, I wrote that." It actually made this assignment really fun. well REALLY fun, but that was diffidently a fun part of it. I did NOT enjoy reading things that I'd not enjoyed writing. To be honest, it was just boring. I'd made it boring by embellishing it with fancy words and phrases, but leaving out any excess energy that could of actually made it nice to read. A theory I'm developing right now is that if i enjoy writing it, someone else might actually enjoy reading it. Just a theory, but at least it keeps ME interested in my writing.

I hope I've grown as a writer. I hope my writing is becoming at least a little more interesting to read, and it's easy for me to see the distinct traits that mark MY writing, even if I may start trying to fix them.

No comments:

Post a Comment